Friday 6 September 2013

Bhavana's Blending

It's the first Friday of this month and everyone must be excited to know our new feature... She masters creating paper flowers that are simply jaw-dropping,,, Her creations are unique and made with true passion!! Without further ado, pls help me welcome sweet Bhavana... 
Name: Bhavana Kesarkar
1. Tell us a little about yourself and your family.
Before starting i would like to thank Noor for featuring my cards in “Fascinating Fridays" 
I am Bhavana staying in Bangalore. I work as software engineer in MNC. I met my husband in office and after 5 years of courtship we got married in 2011. My parents, sis and my husband have always been supportive about my art and craft stuff :)

2. How and when did you start crafting?
I have been crafting since my childhood. I always loved craft classes in school (called as SUPW).Would make my parents go around the city to buy all my craft supplies. I started blogging to share my creations on internet as a hobby. Started quilling and making cards for more than 3 years.

3. From where do you draw your inspiration?
I draw inspiration from everything i see around, blogs, craft galleries. Currently Pinterest is the great source of inspiration and got hooked to it.

4. How would you describe your style?
I don't follow any style but yes i don't like messy or cluttered things so i can say my creations are clean and simple. I go with sketches, color scheme, theme while making the cards.

5. What are the 5 top tools in your crafting space?
My top 5 tools: Stamps, inks, scissors, glue, black PITT pens.

6. What’s your favorite technique?
Love to try all techniques but favorites are Stamping, Fussy cutting, paper piecing, like giving 3D effect using foam dots, making handmade flowers.

7. What are your go-to colors?
White, blue, red, black.

8. Do you sell your projects?
Yes i do sell some of my projects to friends, family and colleagues but most of them are for gifting.

9. What do you do when you aren’t crafting? Job? Other hobbies and interests?
When I'm not crafting me and my husband watch movies and English serials spend time together, busy with household chores, cooking. Also currently playing games on my iphone, and trying out new apps.

10 Are you currently designing for any blog?
Yes currently i am a DT at Indian Craft Room.






Such calming and well executed projects!! Adore the color choices and the handmade flowers just look so fantastic... These cards will definitely rock our creative spirits... Thank you for sharing this beauty with us, Bhavana!!

4 comments:

Deepti said...

It was fun to know about your creativity :) love ur cards, heading right over to ur blog :)

Hussena said...

Hi Bhavana so happy to see you featured here:) ..I love your work ..its always so elegant especially your CAS cards ..you have such a beautiful sense of colors and design ..I am glad to get to know a little bit more about you too through this interview !!

Bhavana said...

Thank you Very Happy to be featured here :)

Noor Nahdi said...

Welcome dear :) Its our pleasure to showcase your immense talent...

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment...Your kind words mean the WORLD to me :)