Friday 1 July 2011

Bela's Quilling and more...


Today we're spotlighting not just another great artist but a multitalented one!!! She enjoys practicing various hobbies and masters them too... Without further ado, let's introduce you to Bela Shah :)
Name: Bela Shah

1) When did you start paper quilling ? and how did you know about it?
I started Paper Quilling around 2 years ago and I came to know thru a friend who taught me just a fringed flower and a leaf & then I took it from there.

2) Do you read books about quilling and other crafts? or what sources do you use mostly?
I have never read a book on quilling or any other craft.
But I get inspiration from all the friends I have on facebook ..  also the internet at times.....

3) Describe yourself as an Artist , what hobbies do you like and practice? what other forms of art do you like? how long have you been crafting in general?
What do I think about myself as an artist ...... well I would love if you all answer that question for me :-)
Well as a hobby I was always into paintings. I do pencil sketching, charcoal painting, oil , acrylics , warli , madhubani, kalamkari, miniature, glass painting etc.....So as far as art is concerned I love each and everything .. I would love to learn it in any form .....
As far as crafting is concerned I love paper quilling & I also do iris folding & I have been paper crafting since 2 years.....

4) Do you work or study? and does practicing hobbies affect any aspect of your life?
I am working with a canadian firm at nite from home .. I teach art during the day time. Practicing hobby always gives me a satisfaction and Quilling is meditative to me coz of the repitative process.
Whenever I'm doing any kind of artwork, the outside world just doesn't exist.

5) Do you attend workshops or give workshops?
I teach art & conduct workshops.

6) Have you gained any benefit from your art? what kind of benefit ?
The pleasure of creating something new & unique is just amazing. And as a teacher imparting the same knowledge to my kids, the smile on their face after creating something gives me a fulfillment.
I would say my hobby is my profession so when I work it doesn't feel like I'm working....Isn't that simply amazing!!!!!

7) Do you have a website or a blog that you would like to share with us?
8) Anything else you would like to share with the members or would like to add?
I would like to say that people who have any kind of art in them whether its dancing, singing, crafting, or artwork are blessed so just keep going on & on as it gives you a stress free time from your hectic lifestyle.


A mix of highly calibered skills:










Isn't Bela so fascinating?? Thank you so much dear for inspiring us this Friday with your extraordinary creations...Ladies, now enjoy viewing more of Bela's work here on this video :) http://youtu.be/ec_gpNlZ8bg

Smooches,


2 comments:

colors-n-creations said...

Thank u so much Noor for appreciating my art work n making me feel so special .....Thank u for making me happy ......

Lots of huggs n kisses n ya smooches as well

Bela

KellyCreates said...

Lovely work!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment...Your kind words mean the WORLD to me :)