Friday 27 July 2012

Stephanie's Stunners

It's a new Friday with a new shining star to spotlight on... Stephanie "Steph" Castro has a style that is elegant, classic and timeless.  Her blog is filled with inspiration that carries you to a place of peace and calm.  Stephanie's personality is equally as calming.  She is a joy to know and a joy to follow.  Just read her interview and you'll OVERstand why she's our feature for today!
Name: Stephanie Castro


1. Tell me a little bit about yourself. 
I’m a 30 something professional, working mom and girlfriend living a blessed life in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX area.  I have been the Logistics Manager for a Hispanic snack food company for the last 10 years and love every minute of the craziness.  My daughter, Sydney, will be 16 this fall, and is the joy of my life.  I love 80’s music, Bath & Body works, Dr. Pepper and am a huge sports fan.  If I’m not working, I’m doing something fun with my two favorite people, or creating something.  What could be better? *happy sigh*       

2. When and how did you start paper crafting? 
In 2004 a neighbor of mine in Colorado invited me to a “crop”.  It was all Creative Memories people at the time, but I didn’t know anything else was available then, and I was hooked.  I dove into scrapbooking and never looked back.  Once I was introduced to stamping, and card making about four years later, that became more my passion and I tend to focus on that more nowadays. 

3. What inspires you to create?  
Gosh, everything!  You can find inspiration everywhere you look these days.  My daughter is definitely one of my inspirations for scrapbooking, but I love challenge sites, and Pinterest (of course).  A lot of what I create comes from things I find on a daily basis though.  I’m constantly making notes in my planner of things I find, or see, and want to try to incorporate in my cards or projects. 
 
4. What is your favorite technique? Why?  
Dry embossing.  I emboss something on almost every project.  I love the different textures, and its always fun to distress or ink the embossing for different looks as well.

5. Who are your favorite papercrafters at the time? Why?  
There are several designers that I like, but to say I have a favorite might be a stretch.  Three of the papercrafters I visit the most are Candace Pierce (http://creativelycandace.blogspot.com), Rochelle Washington (http://twotearsinmybucket.blogspot.com), and Sparkle Smith (http://sparklecreations.blogspot.com).  Each has a unique style, with clean lines, lots of detail,  and always leave me with the urge to create something every time I visit their blogs.  

6. Describe your style.  
This is difficult for me, as I’m not sure I have a style.  Someone once called it clean an elegant. 

7. Are you on any design teams at the time? Have you been published in any magazines?  
Although I’ve never been published, I’m hoping to accomplish that goal eventually.  I am currently on the design teams for For Your Inspiration, Christmas Card Challenges, Papercraft Star and Unscripted Sketches. 

8. What is your favorite thing(s) about creating?  
My absolute favorite thing about creating is the look on the persons face, or the joy that they express, when they receive one of my projects.  It’s why I do it.



Truly your style is clean and very elegant, Stephanie!!! Love the beautiful simplicity and perfect finishing :) Thank you dearie for helping our creative juices flow smoothly...
And thanks to the most wonderful audience of Fascinating Fridays ♥ ♥ ♥ Will be going for a month break hoping to see you again in September... Mwah to all


3 comments:

Hussena said...

Wow stephanie your work is so beautiful and elegant and its so nice to get to know more about you:)

Stella said...

Wow Stephanie your card are grogeous! I am in love with the 2nd card; it took my breath away....

Colleen Dietrich said...

Just beautiful, Stephanie! Congrats on being featured. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment...Your kind words mean the WORLD to me :)