A warm welcome to this week's amazing artist...featuring the uber talented Donna Espiritu. Donna is a multi-talented artist who currently designs for some 10 different digital designers and she is a DT member for local online business Pretty Paper Studio. Her cards and layouts are amazing and her style is fresh and bold!! So without further ado lets find out more about her.
Name: Donna Espiritu
Blog: My Scrapbox
1. Please tell our readers a bit about yourself
I am from Manila, Philippines currently living in Saudi Arabia with my hubby. I am 35 years old, I love reading and playing games either on my phone or online (FB games to be exact hehe). I am interested in photography and would love to learn in-depth.
2. When did you start on your creative journey? Was there something specific that kick started you?
Some years ago when my first niece was born. I wanted to document HER and was already doing albums for her when I stumbled upon the term scrapbooking in the net.
3. What kind of crafting do you do? Do you or did you have to attend classes/workshop to learn this skill?
Mainly scrapbooking, but I also love to create mini-albums and cards from time to time. I did attend a few workshops but mainly because I wanted the kit :D
I WOULD love to attend technique workshops especially mixed media ones, though. This one I haven't tried that much yet.
4. What type of projects to you enjoy creating the most? (for example do you like cards, wall art, layouts, altering items, etc.)
Layouts, cards, mini-albums.
5. What or who inspires you to create? Where do you get your inspiration from?
Me, my family and friends. My life, as simple as it is. I get inspiration from everything, everywhere.
6. Are you or were you on any design team? Were you published before?
I am currently designing for Pretty Paper Studio and some 10 digital designers :)
Been published, yes. A few of my works before. But I didn't keep track (which I should!!)
7. Do you sell your items or do you create for fun? Do you participate in challenges, contests etc?
It WOULD be great if someone buys my creations :) When I think my stuff will sell (I am shy! :D), I will try that. But now, I create mostly for the fun of it. Contest, challenges.. I create this list EVERY MONTH but I never get to it. The time will slip by and the deadline ends :D
8. Where do you sit and create? (for example do you have a craft studio or is there a routine or specific time you craft?)
I did have one room dedicated for my craft stuff in the Philippines. But now, I only create in this little corner of our bedroom. It depends, sometimes I create the whole day but most of the time, I start to get inspired in the evening.
9. Who out there in the creative world inspires you the most and why?
Several, different in creating styles. I love the works of IRIS UY (she's so talented and a very kind fellow Pinay scrapper), CD MUCKOSKY, (love her artistic style), Heidi Swapp (first, she was my scrapbooking idol and now she is one talented designer/scrapbooker in one!)
10. Where to from here Donna? What are your future plans surrounding your amazing talent?
Hmmm nothing much really, I will just continue creating for fun but who knows, maybe in the near future I will find the courage to do what I've been dreaming to do (that's a secret for now :D)
Aren't you just blown away by the awesome work she does!!! See her originality and the unique way she uses patterned papers to its full advantage. No dies or stamps, just total utilization of what she has on hand - awesome!!! I am sure we will be hearing much more about Donna in the future. Donna is on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Pop on over to her sites and show her some love. Do not forget to leave a comment - you know how we all love comments :-)