Our Fascinating Friday feature for this week is the very innovative and talented crafter Snehal Watwe Welde whose work is simply a delight to the eyes. She is someone who loves to create for friends and family and her passion for crafting can be seen in each and every project that she has shared on her blog... She offers such a variety in terms of new techniques and crafting style that one is always inspired from her work and that makes a visit to her blog a must :) So without further ado here's a look at what she has to say about herself:
Name: Snehal Watwe
Blog: Snehal's Creations
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I am a hotel management graduate married to a chopper pilot for 13 years and now a full time crafter. Married to a Defence Officer I trot across India and world. I dabbled in all kinds of art work but took up card making and lately scrapbooking more seriously. I am a mother of two little girls aged 11 and 5.
2. When and how did you start crafting?
I have been crafting for as long as I remember and in different mediums but for past four years have been seriously involved with paper craft.
3. What inspires you to create?
Anything and everything. I like to do unconventional things as in break the norms. I take inspiration from every single thing I see but only look at it differently.
4. What is your favorite technique? Why?
I think 'Paper Piecing' and 'Emboss Resist' are my favorite techniques. I think I like paper piecing because it took me a lot of time to learn it but got a lot of appreciation on that and started perfecting it gradually. I love the way emboss resists changes the final look of the project. It adds class to any project.
5. Who are your favorite paper crafters at this time? Why?Ujjwal, Hussena, Erum, Indira,
6. Describe your style.I think Clean and Simple is my style. I hate clutter in real life and guess that shows in my work too.
7. Are you on any design team at this time? Have you been published in any magazine or online journal?Yes I am on Lulupu and Pie Lane's design team. No I haven't been featured on any magazine or online journal yet.
8.What is your favorite thing about creating?I love the time I create just because it transports me to a different world and when I finish my project it gives me immense satisfaction and pride. And the joy is manifold and unparallel when the recipient loves it.
Captivating, cheerful & cute, these projects are nothing short of greatness! I love the pop of colours and textures, the distressing and pleasing composition. Thanks so much for sharing with us, Snehal! FANTASTIC FRIDAY TO ALL,,,