Friday 17 May 2013

Helen's Crafts

Hey all… It’s a new beautiful Friday and got to tell you some good news: we’re featuring the 97th artist today so me and my team have planned to surprise you with a 50$ gift voucher from Two Peas in A Bucket once we hit 100 artisans, woohoo… Keep checking these coming weeks to enter our lucky draw and win the prize ;)

Today’s highlight is Helen Gullet… I just came across her blog and was simply stunned by the awesome creations!!! In short I’ll give them three F’s: flawless, fancy and fascinating ;) Let’s not make you wait for long, here is our latest addition:
Name: Helen Gullet

1. Tell us a little about yourself and your family.
I was born and raised in Indonesia. I met my husband for the very first time when he went to Indonesia for a short trip of a cultural visit in 2006. We got married in 2008 and I moved back with him to Ohio, USA. We live here since then. We have 2 sweet and active girls, who is 4 years old and 8 months old. They are our joy and happiness. I love spending time with my family, coffee and good ethnic food.

2. How and when did you start crafting?
I went to a Catholic School for girls for elementary and junior high, there when I learned to craft and cross-stitching. At every end of year, we liked to exchanged a journal book that we asked our close classmate to write something and decorate the page with anything. Later I found that I love to decorate my own personal journal with stickers, flowers, ribbons, and tags. Then I found out that what is called Scrapbooking. I stopped doing it when I was in Collage. But then when we had our first baby, I was introduced to scrap scrapbooking to make our baby first album in 2009. From there, my interest in paper crafting is developing.

3. From where do you draw your inspiration?
I am member of couple scrapbook and paper crafting forum, joining challenges, and follow several talented paper crafters, scrapbookers, card maker and digital scrapbookers. Pinterest is becoming one of my source of inspirations lately.

4. How would you describe your style?
I am not sure what is my style :D I am not limiting myself to one style only. I love anything clean, simple, and colorful. I like to explore more styles.

5. What are the 5 top tools in your crafting space?
Silhouette Cameo
Martha Stewart Scoring Board
Fiskars Paper Trimmer
Close To My Heart Stamp and Ink
Colorful Sharpie pens and markers.

6. What’s your favorite technique?
Die cuts and 3D shapes. Now, I am learning to stamp more.

7. What are your go-to colors?
Nature. I love Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter color combo, too. And is glitter a kind of color? (Just kidding :D)

8. Do you sell your projects?
Yes. Friends to friends, only. Thinking of having my own handmade card business one day, at least online store.

9. What do you do when you aren’t crafting? Job? Other hobbies and interests?
I am a full heart and full time wife and mommy. Sometimes I help friends with translation project. Beside paper crafting, I love making hair bow, felt and fabric flowers for embellishments and hair clips, and repurpose projects. Both my husband and I love to go to our favorite band/singer concerts and go to movies on date :D

10. Are you currently designing for any blog?
I am a creative member of Jen C DesignsPixelily DesignsTrixie Scraps Designs, and a guest designer atScrapping Everyday Miracles.










Thank you so much for the opportunity to share my creations with your readers. It's a privilege for me to be featured on your wonderful blog :D

Have a nice day!

13 comments:

Sathya said...

Lovely cards !!

Deepti said...

Wow! Helen your cards are amazing :)great to know about you :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful Work Helen! Congrats on the feature!

Unknown said...

Love these projects Helen! You are very talented :)

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such beautiful creations from a wonderful, lovely gal!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Hussena said...

Amazing work Helen ...All your projects are so beautiful just love them !! ..And congrats on being featured here :)..its so nice to know more about you .

Lekha justin said...

lovely creaions....

sooofullofcraft said...

Loving your work Helen!:0)

Anonymous said...

Thank you SOOOO MUCH for all of your sweet and kind words! I would love to get to know you all, too!

Lisa H said...

Hurray for Helen!!! =)

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Beautiful discovery, Noor! Helen, you are talented! :)

Tasnim said...

Great interview! Your work is beautiful!

Susan S said...

Wonderful...loved reading about you (again!). Your creations are lovely

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment...Your kind words mean the WORLD to me :)