Friday 2 September 2011

Getting to know Naush Samama

I am Naush, a to-be-40 year old, SAHM to 3 incredibly cooperative young lads(ages 9,10,12) DH works with General Motors and has been most supportive of my obsession with crafting. Dubai has been home for the last 19 years, where we met, married and have been raising our boys. My sons and my husband are the motivation, in my, being able to pursue my goals in art. They are the ones who compromise and encourage me all the way.

 I was raised in Kuwait, where we lived for over a 15 years. I love travelling and have travelled a good part of the world in my previous profession as airline staff. I love meeting people, exchanging cultures and making friends.

My love affair with art started at a very tender age, when I was constantly reprimanded for “wasting” my time doodling and cutting/pasting and “dressing” lifeless objects.  I loved painting. However amazingly not until I got married, did, I get the right encouragement to pursue my hobby seriously ! (thanks to DH’S encouragement !)
 I have been playing around with paper, paint, glue and scissors for the last 8 years. I love creating ANYTHING.  I am frugal in my ways and love to recyle/reuse and repurpose objects. Although I stick to mainstream card making, often I wander into unchartered artsy territories of altered arts. I love the flexibility of digital stamps but I still love to get my hands dirty with traditional supplies like distress inks and acrylic paints.  Being creative does not necessarily mean being limited to just one specific craft, hence I tend to try out all mediums of creating anything functional ~ just so long as I am enjoying it.

How  I  create anything in the chaos and mess in my craft studio is a true mystery ! J 

I had been teaching art in schools and institutes. I am a regular participant in several seasonal art exhibitions thru out Dubai.  I conduct 6 weeks art workshops for children as well as ladies in my villa at the Arabian Ranches..
I was interviewed by City 7 channel as well as Sama Dubai. Express has also carried out a feature on my craft works and cards. I have been a part of the Dubai shopping festival, hosting two outlets in the Art Avenue at Al Reef Road, Bur Dubai.

I am a member of the EEG, Emirates Environment Group, Feline Friends and Emirates Dyslexia Group.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read my little resume. I look forward to some of you’ll visiting my blog and if you like something, you could leave me a comment too.





Glad to know more about you, Naush.... Love your Eid cards so much and that easel card is my favorite :) Thanks sweetheart for feasting our eyes and thanks to all who're celebrating Eid with us... Sadly, tomorrow is the end of '7 Days of Eid Celebration' but I've some good news too!!!! Stay updated....
Smooches,

5 comments:

Cheryl Leong said...

Love ur stamping :)

Kate said...

What gorgeous cards! My favourite is the easel card with the window. I'm so glad you continued to pursue your passion despite the reprimands!

Yasmin said...

Such amazing cards and beautiful work by Naush. Thank you , Noor for showing us such great work!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much Noor for being such an absolutely gorgeous host.
Thank you also ladies for liking my cards and the lovely comments. I am truly humbled that these cards are appreciated.
Please do drop over at Doodle Buddies to view more of my cards and creations.
Best regards
Naush

Noor Nahdi said...

Welcome Naush... It has been my pleasure to feature you :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment...Your kind words mean the WORLD to me :)