A very nice lady joined the Emirates Quilling Guild few months back. She doesn't post many pictures of her work but the ones she did display were amazing, so we thought let's show her in a bigger picture for all of you to admire her work,,,, Let's meet Leena Shah
1) When did you start paper quilling? and how did you know about it?
Four years ago I had a visit with a friend to an art and craft teacher where for the first time I saw creations in quilling and instantly fell in love with the art form. I learnt basics from her, although I seriously took this art form 3 years after I stopped working.
2) Do you read books about quilling and other crafts? or what sources do you use mostly ?
At times I do refer to books but mostly internet is the place for new learning
3) Describe yourself as an Artist , what hobbies do you like and practice? what other forms of art do you like? how long have you been crafting in general ?
As an artist everything and anything around me inspires me. I love art in all forms be it painting, moulding and crafting. I do practice lot of art form such as Indian folk painting (Warli and madhubani), murals, lamasa and paper crafts (quilling, parchment, punch craft, iris and tea bag folding). In general I have been crafting since 5 years.
4) Do you work or study? and does practicing hobbies affect any aspect of your life?
At present I am full time housewife with 18 months child to look after. Practicing hobbies has affected my life as a whole as it has taught me to be more patient and yes it beats away all the stress and gives me satisfaction.
5) Do you attend workshops or give workshops ?
Not yet although I am in process of taking workshops soon.
6) Have you gained any benefit from your art? what kind of benefit ?
Satisfaction, peace of mind and most important thing is that its has helped me connect with people around the world sharing same interest and passion. Creating something is most beautiful thing in this world and i am happy doing so.
Such unique pieces, Leena!!! And your imagination is absolutely creative,,, Thanks dear for joining us today and thanks to all who visited us :) Have a fun-tastic friday!!!