Friday 28 October 2011

Marina's artwork,,,

Marina Khong has wowed her fans always, and that's why she's here today! Her projects are a perfect balance of accents, a spot-on choice of papers, and a bounty of techniques :) Without further ado, let's introduce you to our star:
Name: Marina Khong

1. When did you start this hobby?
I started scrapping early this year (2011) simply because I wanted to make an album as a gift for my baby's first birthday. It was supposed to be just that one album and I never imagined I would eventually start a blog and be this active! As I was scrapping, I ventured into card making and altered art which are just as fun.


2. Who inspires you the most?
I draw my inspiration from everywhere and everything. Most of the time the photos themselves are the inspiration. Also, there are many seasoned scrappers I admire and I frequently stalk their blogs for ideas and inspirations. I love sketch challenges, I can always count on them for a quick jumpstart.


3. Define your style?
At this point I can't say I have a definite style but I do love going in the shabby-glam direction, a little vintage, a little worn yet with a touch of glitter and bling. Having said that I'm still very flexible and fluid with my scrapping, I guess it's because I'm still pretty fresh at this. Generally, it depends on the mood or occasion of the photo and what I really want to convey . One thing for sure; I believe that with scrapping, the photo(s) should always take centrestage. The art and embellishment should bring out the photo and the story behind it and not overshadow it.

4. What are your favourite tools?
As a paper crafter, the few basics I can't do without are my best scissors, my paper trimmer and favorite adhesives. Next I would say are my edge scrapper and punches. I love my glitter glues, liquid pearls and all my inks too, although they are not tools, technically :)

5. What are your favourite techniques?
I don't think I have a favorite here as well, it really depends on the project at hand but I do find myself doing a lot of these basic techniques: layering, distressing, inking, misting and stamping. I'm still very much in the process of learning.


6. Do you follow the latest trends?
Only if it works for me and my project at hand. I do believe we should try everything as much as possible.

7. What are your favourite colours?
Again, these really depends on the projects at hand, though some colors are easier to work with than others. Somehow, unconsciously, I find myself working with a lot of teal. I also love classic neutral shades like kraft brown and beige.

8. Are you designing for any products, brands or scrapbook store?
I'm on the DT for Scrappingville, a local scrap & craft retailer in Kuala Lumpur.

Here are some pretty pieces:







Just stunning, isn't it? What fabulous colour combos, and way to go giving that amazing boy the full glory he deserves :) I love the backgrounds too, and the touch of buttons and brads. Thank you for sharing this beauty with us, Marina!!! See you all soon...
Smooches,

4 comments:

Marina said...

Thanks Noor for the wonderful feature and interview and such kind compliments :) I'm very honored :)

Cindy Gay said...

Very creative work!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Yay, congratulations Marina on being featured!! I know her and akways love her work! :)))

Blossom inch said...

great guest DT and thank you Marina for participating.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment...Your kind words mean the WORLD to me :)